I tend to watch people who tout the benefits of certain things to better our lives. I often hear physical fitness trainers and other health proponents spout off the litany of reasons for why you should make detoxificationa regular part of your health regimen, especially now as I am into that unique position of being in the over forty crowd.
As an American man of African descent, we are among the highest in the area who suffer from anything related to both prostate and colon cancer. As a person that lives with Sickle Cell Disease, we are even at greater risks for things such as liver, kidney and heart related; not to mention the potential for toxic blood from the many transfusions that we may have throughout our lives.
What we don’t often hear from people however, is about dealing with the other toxins that plague all of our lives. We seldom hear about the toxic thoughts, people, and actions that are so prevalent in and around us that do just as much, if not more to sicken and impair us from living a vibrant and the abundant life that Christ said we ought to have.
- Toxic Thoughts: There are many thoughts that go through our minds every day that cripple our creativity and ability to function at our best. Those thoughts hinder our relationships, performance, and dreams of better things. If we don’t deal with the toxic thoughts that inundate us, we become impotent to do anything. Our strength is removed just as quickly as Samson’s was when he lost his hair. Replace those toxic thoughts with better and higher thoughts that will build you up.
- Toxic People: There is nothing worse than being surrounded by people who are simply not good for you. Toxic people are draining for your emotions and your will power to resist temptations. Toxic people stop your flow and progress. Removing them from your life will get you back into the groove of things.
- Toxic Actions: The worst thing about toxic actions is that they have a way of immediately halting your life. It’s stifling to know that something you did contributed to a crucially and critically detrimental outcome. They have a way of leading you nowhere faster than anything else. Getting a grip on your actions will have you feeling lighter on your feet and on top of your game.
Getting rid of these toxins from your life are just as vital to your wellbeing as any of the other toxins that you would consider worth purging from your body. You’ll be refreshed, renewed, and revived. Take control of these areas and see how the results flow over into other areas you didn’t know could be better as well.
QUESTION: What are your best practices for dealing with the toxins that plague your life?
- Toxicity in the World Today (drkennethorbeck.com)
- Time for YOU to detox (umkhaloodie.com)
- “Seven Pillars of Health” Pillars 5: Detoxification (thepreparedtable73.wordpress.com)
- How to Eliminate Toxins from Your Body, Home, and Office (naturalsociety.com)
- 5 Steps Toward a Non-Toxic Home (blogher.com)
- How Toxins Could Be Damaging Your Health (bioidenticalhormoneexperts.com)
- Understanding How the Detoxification Process Works (bioidenticalhormoneexperts.com)