When Jesus spoke to Simon Peter and told him, “Simon, Simon! Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat,” he was pointing out to him and us all that Satan indeed has an assignment. In the book of Job, it reveals the conversation between God and Satan where it is made known that Satan continually goes back and forththrough the earth with the intent of fulfilling that assignment.
What is so amazing is that in the discourse between Jesus and Peter is that he does not end the conversation with that report. He continues on to comfort him by stating, “but I have prayed for you…” With those few words, Jesus demonstrated a powerful message; we have the authority and power through our prayers to cancel all of Satan’s assignments. Is that not an awesome revelation? We can cancel Satan’s every assignment against us.
I recently read a wonderful book dealing with this very subject, written by Peggy Scarborough called Healing Through Spiritual Warfare. In it, she illustrates how we have weapons of warfare, consisting of missiles. She goes on to point out that missiles also require warheads to be effective; it is the power behind the missiles. The missiles are prayer, praise and worship. The warheads are The word of God, the name of Jesus, and the Blood of Jesus.
- Prayer: We know that prayer is our direct link to our heavenly Father God, who is ever turning His ear towards us to hear and respond to our call. When we pray to God, we are in communion with our Father who is greater than any enemy we have. When we put Him in remembrance of the promises He afforded us, He comes into agreement to fulfill all that has been established for us.
- Praise: Praise doesn’t just set the atmosphere, it creates a means by which things get activated and put into motion. Praise is as the burnt offerings that were sent up from the altars. It gets God’s attention and scatters our enemy. Our enemies scatter because praise confounds and confuses them. It’s like switching on stealth mode so that our enemy loses the ability to track or attack.
- Worship: Where prayer gets you in the court, and praise the inner court, worship takes you directly to the Most Holy Place. To be ushered into the very presence of God is to put yourself in a place where no unrighteousness may abide. In the Most Holy Place, only that which is like Him may dwell.
While Satan’s assignment was to get Peter off of his by any means necessary, Jesus’s assignment was to assure him that he would not succeed in it because of the prayers prayed for him, even before the attack had been made. Choose today through your weapons of warfare to cancel every assignment the enemy seeks to execute. Take up the charge of fighting the good fight of faith. You are already a victor because it has already been written.
QUESTION: How do you plan to go about canceling all of Satan’s assignments?
- Satan has asked… (afruitinseason.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Warfare 101: Hack Away at the Jungle of Life Before You Get Deep in It (childrensbread.com)
- Spiritual Warfare (adifferenceforyourlovedones.wordpress.com)
- Healing School (vanguardngr.com)
- Lesson 3 Accusing Spirits and Seperation (nuggets4u.wordpress.com)