Everywhere you turn today, it seems as though people all over are either getting into or out of a relationship of one kind or another for a myriad of reasons. There are probably as many books on the subject of relationships as there are definitions people have come up with for them. Why Did He Break Up With Me: Lessons in Love, Loss, and Letting Go, written by Debora M. Ricks stands out among the many as one that doesn’t just come from the aspect of giving sound advice, but it gives in depth accounts of actual experiences of successes and failings; some hers and some of other people.
While it is primarily written from the aspect of woman to woman, this book is not just for women. This book is for anyone who has loved and lost. This book does not aim to bash, berate or belittle. This book aims to bring healing to both women and men. Ms. Ricks’ points out that it is not enough to see what went wrong or to prevent bad behavior, one must heal the broken places of the heart that often began with the first relationship a person either had or missed out on.
What intrigues me about this book is that it is not a letter from a celebrity talk/game show host to his daughter. It’s also not a self-help manual from a psychologist. This book is straight talk from a woman who not only has been down the road of relationships gone awry. She has observed and learned enough from not just her own pitfalls, she’s seen the mishaps of others and been moved to give insight through what it all taught her.
I can guarantee you that you will see much of yourself or someone you know in the pages of this book. It will teach you about yourself, mistakes you have made, and give you strategies for avoid them in current and future relationships. If you’re doing well, you can definitely reference this to someone you know and love. I promise they will learn and grow much from this look inside the life of this author and those she has helped along her own journey.
QUESTION: How have you dealt with the people who have broken up with you?
- Is infidelity always bad for a marriage? | Babble (babble.com)
- Dating A Man With Baggage: Yes, Men Have Many An Issue Too! (madamenoire.com)
- Where to Get Breakup Advice (howtofixafailingmarriage.wordpress.com)
- 8 Ways To Get Closure When A Relationship Ends (clutchmagonline.com)
- We Split Up – What Do I Do Now: Break Up (socyberty.com)
- Advice On How To Get Over A Break Up (datingonlinefromhome.wordpress.com)
- The Hurting Heart (theladiesfeed.wordpress.com)
- Denial of A Broken Relationship (horoscopes.typepad.com)
- Relationships – Break Up or Make Up (howtofixafailingmarriage.wordpress.com)